Arnold Ferry Line
Arnold Ferry Line is definitely one of the most popular ferry companies due to its great service and fantastic large catamaran boats when heading over to Mackinac Island.
There are two points of departure for the Arnold Ferry Line: one in St. Ignace at 303 S. State Street and one from Mackinaw City located at 801 S. Huron Avenue. Both locations are easy to find and within walking distance of local hotels and motels.
Make sure you keep your ticket stubs for your return trip. Kathy has seen many people searching frantically looking for their tickets. Put them in a safe spot so you don't lose them! Also, be sure you get in the right line so you return to the correct departure town you left from...you don't want to find yourself in St. Ignace when you left your car in Mackinaw City!
Tickets At the Dock
You can purchase your tickets when you arrive at the dock.
Arnold's two Catamarans seat up to 400 people and both have three decks. Two decks offer glassed in cabins with comfortable cushioned seats while the open upper deck allows you to feel the sea breezes blowing through your hair. You will have a wonderful view of just how big Lake Huron really is when traveling from Mackinac City. The trip to the Island by catamaran takes only 15 minutes and is one of the smoothest and quietest ferry rides you will ever enjoy.
On the other hand, Arnold's traditional ferry will really give you the sense of tranquility by riding a more classic boat to beautiful Mackinac Island where time has stood still. This crossing will take around 30 minutes and holds 600 people. This nostalgic ferry is only from the St. Ignace dock.
Other Fantastic Ferry Cruises...
Besides its normal ferry service to the island Arnold Line also offers a number of other cruises for your enjoyment.
- The "Evening on the Straits Cruise" runs Tuesdays through Thursday with a few exceptions starting June 12. On Friday's at select times during the season you can enjoy the St. Ignace sunset cruise and watch the sun set while floating on the beautiful Straits of Mackinaw.
- There are also lunch and dinner cruises that you can ask about.
- The Vesper cruises are especially unique where you can enjoy a short religious service while out on the open water under the Straits beautiful summer skies. There is no charge for these cruises but a collection plate is passed to help the Youth Ministries.
- You can also charter either a Catamaran or a traditional ferry by the hour for a celebration or just a group of friends who want to get together.
For more information about their special cruises you can contact Arnold Ferry either online or by calling their toll free number at 1-800-542-8528.
The staff and crew at the Arnold Ferry Line will go out of their way to see that your trip is pleasurable.
So, if you are planning a special Mackinac Island vacation or event on the Island, consider this fantastic ferry line for your:
- Wedding rehearsal dinner or reception
- an Anniversary, reunion or family celebration (surprise birthday parties are fun to organize!
- Convention or business organization activity
- and even an Employee or client appreciation, sales incentive or company meeting for a special event.
Your cruise includes circling Mackinac Island, going under the
and returning to your departure port. If you choose an evening cruise, your captain is happy to linger on the Straits of Mackinac until sunset.
One fun activity is Biking Around the Island! Arnold Line gives a discount for Island House bike rentals.
Insider Tips: People susceptible to motion sickeness say Arnold's Catamarans are the only way to cross the straits!
Visit Mackinac Island and enjoy an exciting vacation!
Return to Mackinac Island Vacation Home Page