Mackinac Island Grand Hotel
The Mackinac Island Grand Hotel comes alive every spring to welcome more than 130,000 guests to this special vacation spot each season.
A magnificent array of tulips announces the beginning of the season each year in the Grand gardens.
The beautiful swimming pool, first made famous in the 1947 movie “This Time For Keeps” staring Esther Williams and Jimmy Durante, is a welcome delight on warm days for children and adults alike. The pool is named “The Esther Williams Pool” in honor of the great swimmer and movie star.
You can own your own copy of this wonderful movie, "This Time for Keeps!"
How amazing to think that this Grand Lady has stood on a high bluff overlooking the
Straits of Mackinac
welcoming vacationers, just like you, for over 120 years. So, journey to the Grand Hotel Mackinac Island, sit on the incredible front porch, and have a first class experience. By the way, this porch is said to be the largest in the world at 660 feet!
Some of our favorite events that take place at the Grand Hotel are:
Return to Mackinac Island Vacation from "Mackinac Island Grand Hotel"
- Great specials during the
on Mackinac Island
- Daily Afternoon High Tea in the Main Lobby (For over fourteen years, Kathy’s daughter and she have made it a point to get all dressed up and enjoy pretending to be “high society” at least once every summer. Her daughter, who is now 18 and loves blue jeans and sneakers, makes sure they don’t miss doing this fun mom and daughter tradition!)
- A fun and interactive
for Titanic fans in May.
- Memorial Day weekend events
- July 4th weekend with all the Americana fanfare
- This scrumptious daily lunch buffet is open to non-guests as well as those staying at the hotel.
- Murder Mystery Weekend in October with guests in period dress.
- Somewhere In Time Weekend
is a wonderful event. Guests dress in period clothing and experience life in a different time for a weekend. It always gets fabulous reviews.